A product demonstration can be a powerful way to get customers interested in your product, as it allows them to see it, touch it and experience it first-hand. However, a successful product demonstration is more than just handing out free samples of your product. You want to present the product in a way that will be unforgettable and that will capture the attention of your potential customers.
So how can you make your product demonstration as effective as possible? There is a lot to remember when you are performing a product demonstration. Here are some important tips to keep in mind.
- Make sure that you know your audience. You can gather information about your prospect’s needs so that you understand who is buying your product and what they are interested in. Then, you can tailor your sales pitch to their interests and lifestyle.
- A high quality product demonstration shows that you have a deep understanding of the issues that are faced by your prospects and customers. This will help you to map the benefits of your product to the needs of your prospects.
- Show, don’t tell. Instead of saying that your product is the greatest, show why it is instead.
- Know your product very well. When people ask questions you want to be able to answer their questions with confidence and show them all of the features of the product.
- Don’t just rattle off features one after another. It’s important to not just list the features that a product has, but to show why they are helpful and how they can improve the lifeof the customer.
- Rehearse your demo as much as possible before you go before real customers. Make sure that everything works well and that you know what you are going to say. Also, don’t forget to have a backup plan of how to recover if things go wrong.
- Use stories and testimonials from other customers. People are swayed by the opinions of others, so if you mention the positive feedback that your product got from other customers this will help to influence them to buy the product.
- Don’t be afraid to add in your personality and a bit of humor. It will help you to put your audience at ease, make them feel more comfortable and trust you more.
- Never perform a demo sitting down, even if you are feeling tired. It will make you seem unenergetic and disinterested. You should be standing up and your body language should be open, enthusiastic and welcoming.
- Engage the customer by asking them questions, turning the demonstration into a dialogue rather than a speech.
- Listen to what the customer has to say. If they come up with an objection as to why the product wouldn’t work for them, listen carefully so that you can address this objection in your response.
- Make sure that you involve the customer physically in the product demonstration itself. When you have them touch the product, push a button and taste or smell something they will feel more connected to the product and understand it better.
- Instead of simply listing the features, come up with a scenario when the customer would be using those features in order to make them more relevant. For example, if you have a coffee maker that can be set on an automatic timer, explain to the customer that they can set it up so that they have a fresh cup of coffee brewing every morning when they wake up. It’s not about what the product can do, it’s about how the customer can use that feature to improve their daily life.
These are just a few important tips to remember when giving a product demonstration in order to make it as effective as possible. Of course, one of the main things you will need to keep in mind is that every customer is unique – so every demo should be matched to the customer. Before you demonstrate your product, make sure that you are prepared to adapt the demonstration to each person.
Or, hire a professional field marketing agency that specializes in product demonstrations so that they can handle this part of your promotional campaign. A product demonstration agency can ensure that your product is presented to the customer in the most professional way.